Northern Valley Adult Day Health Center
Vantage’s Northern Valley Adult Day Health Center allows men and women over the age of 55 to continue functioning independently in their community in the therapeutic setting provided by the day health center. Their needs for these services are based on a medical diagnosis, which may include: a physical disability, memory impairment, isolation, loneliness, and a difficulty performing daily activities.
- Medication Management
- Arts & Crafts
- Dancing & Exercise
- Discussion Groups/Current Events
- Music Appreciation & Sing-a-Long
- Field Trips & Parties
- Guest Speakers & Much More
- Higher self-esteem
- Lessening of Depression
- Old Skills Return
- Respite for caregivers
- Support Group: Sandwich Generation Group for middle aged parents who are also the children of elderly parents and other caregivers to the elderly. This group meets monthly.
Geriatric Consultation Service
Our mission is to provide comprehensive assessment, education and planning for elders and/or their families, and to provide geriatric stage of life education to the community at large.
- Bergen County has the largest number of persons age 60+ in the State of NJ. Consequently, County leadership has recognized that a large group of baby boomers are finding themselves for the first time needing information to meet the care needs of their parents, and prospectively, themselves.
- For National Senior Citizen Month in May 2006, County Executive Dennis McNerney called for a focus on “quality life issues necessary for maintaining health and well being as one ages” and used the equation:
Independence + Dignity + Choice = Healthy Aging
You are not alone. When an elderly family member exhibits changes that are uncharacteristic and affect their ability to maintain their independence and/or care for themselves, concern and confusion result. There are many unanswered questions. Vantage’s Geriatric Consultation Service is available to explore those questions and help you find the answers.
Vantage Health System has a 30 year reputation for excellence in geriatric services. Building on that history, our experienced geriatric staff will share their expertise to advise you about the changes which occur during this stage of life and in making the best choices that help your loved one and your particular family situation.
- Assess the changes
- Evaluate your loved one’s needs
- Explore with you options for care
- Assist in the referral and coordination of services
- Provide counseling, if necessary, to assist in understanding the changes which are occurring within the family and affect family members of every age.
Fee: Hourly fee based service
Contact: Nancy Bortinger, LCSW, Director, Geriatric Services, 201-385-4400 x 3084, email@example.com
Location: Consultations can take place at our Dumont office, or at a more convenient location of family choice.